Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Layouts Complete!

Yesterday was a day well spent crafting and completing layouts that have been staring at me for about a year! I went scrapping by myself and once I got there, I met a table full of super nice girls that were really fun. I actually got quite a bit done...
Anna catching butterflies in Mimi's garden, June 2008:

I used my homemade bird in this layout and I love how it looks!
Easter 2009:
Christmas 2007:
Then, I made another bird, which Anna has claimed as hers, but she wants to add more jewels:
I have been wanting to start a scrapbook about Stephen and I. The stuff we like, what we do, our daily grind, etc. I want the kids to have memories of us like I am making for them in their books. So, I have started setting the self-timer on my camera and photographing myself (in the car, at my desk, in the kitchen, etc.). I admit that I feel really goofy taking pictures of myself, but I keep reminding myself that I am always the picture taker, so there aren't any pictures of me! While out scrapping last night, this is what I picked up for my own pages:

I might share some of this stuff with Anna...

I definitely have my work cut out for me now, with all these new goodies and a plan to scrap myself and Stephen. It might be refreshing to scrap something other than my kids!
Hope this post was inspiring to you and I wish you a creative day!

5 comments:

  1. looks like you had a very productive day yesterday! I had a pretty good one too! I hope to take pics and post on my blog tomorrow! Love the new bird! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Amanda!! I am glad you ran into some fun friends too! And yes, you should be scrapbooking you and Stephen! (The ones I have done of Keith and I are a little wacked - as is my sense of humor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! They are like little pieces of artwork. One of these days I will motivate to start one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe you got all of that done! Those new birds are the cutest things I have ever seen. I can see why Anna wanted the floral one with pink wings.

    Yes,yes,yes - you should do a book of you and Stephen. They will be fighting over it when you are gone 80 years from now.

    I am inspired. I am finishing the eyelet dresses today or bust!

    Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!