Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fishing Widow (again)

Stephen is gone fishin', again. This time a bit longer than last, 2 days longer. I could be bitter and feel sorry for myself, but I choose to be joyful. Joyful, you ask? YES! As Stephen would sing: "Always look on the bright side of life... do-do-do-do!" So, for the next four days, I will have less laundry, cooking and cleaning up to do! My evenings will be quietly spent watching T.V. or doing crafts, and I will get a restful nights sleep without the running man flipping like a fish in bed. Yes! I choose to be positive and happy that my husband is having a great time with the boys fishing, again.

The kids and I actually have a really fun week planned. There is something going on every evening and we are going to celebrate Mac's last day Friday with lunch out and ice cream. Cookouts with friends and family, soccer games, the pool... summer has started!

Here was a quick craft I did the other day:

I bought one of those dollar wood frames at Michael's and painted it off white. Then, I brushed a quick layer of brown paint on and before it dried all the way, I rubbed a bit off to make it look a little weathered. Then, using tacky glue, I attached one of my felt flowers I made (my desk is overflowing with them!)
This one is for my fab friend, Emily. The picture I used is one of us at dinner after the track on Oaks Day. This craft might be a quick, cute teacher gift!

*Did you sign up to Follow this blog? If not, hurry up! I will draw a name on Friday to win the flag note pad. Enjoy the night... I know I will!

4 comments:

  1. Cute hat in the pic! have a great wknd!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I was a fish widow on Labor Day. Cute picture frame - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant Memorial Day - look at me, I've already wished my summer away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable picture of you girls. The frame turned out great! You must have done it right by wiping off while still wet - the polka dots really make it cute, not to mention the wonderful flower. Em will love it!

    P.S. Love the attitude adopted from Stephen. Choose joy everytime!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!