Wednesday, August 19, 2009

School has begun...

Mac started his first day of 1st grade today. He was so excited that he woke last night (sleep walking) at 10:30 p.m. and started getting ready: went potty, put his P.J.'s in the hamper, started putting on his uniform, etc. I stopped him and tucked him back in and this morning, he had zero recollection of doing any of it! Mac has a habit of sleep walking, it's kind a funny!

Anyway this is a LO I did of his first day last year, when he started kindergarten. He grew up a lot over the summer...

For all you moms out there that sent their kids off to school for their first day today, join me in doing a little jig... when you're done, do a something creative!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda!! That is so precious about Mac!! So happy for you that school started, I know you were looking forward to it - Hope Mac has a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent my little Elijah off to Kindergarten last Wednesday! I've been enjoying my time to myself, but I do miss having my little company around me! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Mac - what a milestone! Hope all goes well with the new school year. BTW, if you're ever interested in joining JLL, let me know. I think you'd really enjoy it and would be a great addition to the organization. Here's the Web site if you're interested in learning more about it: http://www.juniorleaguelouisville.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like Janice Gunderson, Eileen Kirchgessner and me when school started every year. All the other mothers were crying and the 3 of us were hiding in a corner of the parking lot high fiving for the start of another school year! We loved our little chicks, but enough of summer already!

    Hope Mac's first day was a great one. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep walking? Wow, that is a funny story. Your kiddos are darling. Love the turtle story too. Kids are nothing but fun, right?** My kiddo is nearly two, and what an adventure he is!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!