Thursday, August 13, 2009

Card for a Challenge + News

Good afternoon!
Here's a card I made for two challenges this week:
The Pink Elephant- Color Challenge: brown, turquois, and neutral

Supplies:
Kraft paper, K&Co. polka dot paper, ivory cardstock, oval punch, scallop punch, corner rounder, felt (heart), brown ink, edge distresser, jewelry tag, small gold brad, foam adhesive, ribbon, and hemp twine.
Small tag says "thank you" and the cut out tag says, "your kindness touches my heart"


Yesterday, we went to the Newport Aquarium. We went with my brother, Nate, and his family, and also some other family friends of ours. The kids had a ball, but the funniest part of the whole trip was when we went in to feed the Lorikeets. We tried like mad to get them to land on the kids so they could feed them and those birds were being stubborn! Low and behold, three of them, yes three, landed on Nate! One on his shoulder, back and head. Thank heavens I had my camera ready! Nate and I laughed until I was almost crying. At the same time, two landed on my niece, Kendall. She is at the left in the photo. So funny!

And lastly, this card won the top five at The Pink Elephant this week!


So, top five is a big deal when there is over a hundred entries, but I want to WIN. Maybe next week!

11 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card! I love how you tied the twine on top that perfectly coordinated ribbon!

    LOVE your top 5 card! Congrats!

    Fun pic. The lorikeets at the zoo are always a highlight...you never quite know what to expect!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love turquoise and brown almost as much as pink and brown, this is a lovely example of layering, the hemp twine is piece de resistance. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! And the top 5 card is a winner!
    Hannari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on getting in the top 5 (you should have won - how could there have been a cuter one?

    Love the turquoise and brown heart. Maybe it will win.

    That is the funniest picture of Nate and Kendall. Of course they would land on Nate!! Kendall must have been thrilled when they landed on her. I love the expression on her face. Too bad one didn't land on Anna also. I'll bet you all had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, you're not competitive at all!!!! Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Amanda, the turquoise and brown look so rich. And you should have been the top of the top 5! That card is so cute! Thanks for participating in the DCRU DT Tuesday Challenge.
    ~Diane (DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda,
    Good luck with both of your cards! Love the turquoise and brown with that sweet felt heart! Love the butterfly on the top 5 card. Great color scheme. Looks like a fun time at the Aquarium!!
    Thanks for joining us this week in the DCRU DT challenge!!
    Cara DCRU DT
    PS...left you feedback - love my goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are fantastic and yes it really is a big deal to hit the top five at the PInk Elephant. I can't believe what fantastic work we get presented with each week. It's just amazing.
    I'm sure that one day you will be a winner but for now you're right being in the top five is a 'wow ' achievement - well done you.

    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda, I am lovin your music. Thanks for playing along with our DCRU layer challenge. I love your card. ...it has a great vintage feel to it...Great color combo.
    Carole/DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great!!!!! You always rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your top 5!!! So happy for you! Love your card this week, the colors are just perfect and love the layers. Terrific job!
    Hugs
    Amber (DCRU DT)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!