Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays- GDT

Sketchy Thursdays has their challenge up for the guest designer for August. I decided to play along... I got a lot of scrappin' and card makin' done on my girls trip this past weekend. The gals at Sketchy Thursdays requested that we not only use the sketch, but to also include:

• A summer topic
• The colors red, orange and/or yellow
• A journaling spot

here's the sketch...
here's my take... 
I chose to use the colors red and yellow and my journaling spot is from the SMASH pad "entertainment." The summer topic: RUNNING! Training now for the Chicago Marathon in this heat has been murder. The layout is about the Rodes City Run, second race in the triple crown leading up to the KY Derby mini Marathon. After I finished my race, the kids got to run. It was a ball- they got to run along the river at Waterfront Park. All the kids got a prize, a free lunch at Chick-fil-A and had fun in a giant cow jumper.
A close up of some cute faces and embellishments! I love those puffy clouds- thanks, Elizabeth! ;) If you want to play along in the GDT Challenge, click HERE for all the details. You have until July 23!

6 comments:

  1. Such gret pictures! Love all the embellies especially the baner and the clouds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that banner, the clouds and the pictures!! Such a great page!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee all the photos and that banner! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun layout and GREAT use of embellishments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the banner, the clouds and the airplane - great layout!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!