Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jingle Belles!

I'm sure you're thinking... "Jingle Belles? Huh?!" Well, there is a new challenge blog out there hosted by two crafty chicks named Lauren and Steph named Jingle Belles. Each week they have a challenged posted and you make a Christmas card. And their mission:
"to make a new christmas card each & every week of 2011, thus avoiding holiday mayhem."
I. Love. It.
If I can do anything to make the holidays less stressful and more enjoyable, I will. This challenge blog is perfect for me, and by golly, I am going to have a load of holiday cards to send out by December.
This week, the challenge was to make a card using this sketch:

I saw the sketch and loved it because I am a clean and simple kind of girl. I got out my holiday stuff and started to work. Well, I got a little excited and started adding all kinds of stuff... even greenery for heavens sake.
I used rub-ons, an SRM sticker, a felt embellishment, chipboard, ink, mist, buttons, twine, ribbon, a tag, punches, a rhinestone... Lord... it's busy, it's so not "me" or my style, but I do like it! All I have to say is that this bad boy will need a bubble mailer.

Check out Jingle Belles and play along! It's never too early to prepare for the holidays!

13 comments:

  1. Okay, lovin' your chock full of goodness card..a little bit of this...a little bit of that all equals extreme goodness!!! Thanks soo much for joining in the Jingle Belle's Sketch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There may be a lot on there but it is done so well!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I save the bumpy cards to tuck in when I'm already mailing a gift ... love all of the wonderful things you've added to your design ... and so very glad you're joining our jingle belles journey ... to take back Decembe,r one holiday card at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this busy is great. You've combined all those elements beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! I love the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥HOLY MOLY♥ well, amy's sketch made *me* (queen of embelliesj!) go all un-characteristically C&S...how cool and exciting that it had the reverse effect you, missus! i ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ THIS, AMANDA!!! every single thing about this is awwwwwwwwwwwesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To protect such a beautiful card, definitely worth the bubble wrap! This is beautiful and clean and simple. I love the embellishments you have used (wow, even greenery, you were seriously into this!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. well you had me with the plaid... love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh. I love all the bits you have added. Your card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, love tartan plaid. Your card is phenomenal! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!