Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sketchfest- Day 3!

Sketchfest continues at Caardvarks! Here is today's sketch:

I had a hard time with it... that's what I get for braggin' about how easy yesterday came to me. I pondered over it all afternoon. Finally, this is what I came up with:

This card was done using papers and embellishments from the Studio Calico July kit. The rub-on is from the June kit. I like the end result!

Then, Anna wanted to make her own version. I printed out the sketch and let her go. Look at this... at 4 years old, she is amazingly creative. She was quite proud! (and she should be!)

Strawberry cardstock, white vellum, odds and ends from the scrap box, snowflake punch and a dragonfly stamped in metallic blue ink.

She asked me if I liked the red strip. I said, "Yes, I do, but do you think it's a little LOUD for all the pink you have going on?" She looked at me oddly and said, "LOUD?! Mom! The paper can't even talk! How can it be LOUD?" Good point, Anna.

10 comments:

  1. LOL- Love it Anna! You did a GREAT job! I can see you get your crefty side from mom!!!

    Great job AP- you rock! & congrats on TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful!!! Love the colors, dp and the pretty flower!

    Anna, your card looks pretty amazing too! I love your little snowflake and dragonfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch cards ... your daughter's card is so fun ... make sure you link to your actual sketch post rather than to your main blog page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TWO? Gorgeous! Love the top one's colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Amanda, and Anna's card is beautiful too! It's so nice to share your crafting with your daughter isn't it. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, you card is just beautiful! I love that layered bloom and the little stick pin you added!

    But...the real scene stealer here is your daughters amazing card!! Are you sure she's only four?!! Wow!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. CArds look great! Anna, I cannot tell you how talented you are. I really appreciated my thank you note. Ladybugs are a few of my favorite things. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, your card is beautiful! I love the flower and the button and bow. Colors are luscious.

    Anna, you are so smart and so talented. Pretty soon you are going to give Mommy some stiff competition! You are right, paper cannot talk, so how could it be loud. I love the way you put things together out of your head and they turn out so pretty!! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like mother, like daughter! Beautiful cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!