Sunday, May 1, 2011

Runner Girl




I did it... I conquered it... I didn't stop and I didn't cry. I ran the KY Derby half Marathon- 13.1 miles! Even the day after, I feel great, besides a little soreness in the thighs! Next stop... Chicago Marathon, October 9!


My brothers, Adam and Nate and sister-in-law, Lara all ran and did awesome too! Here we are at the end, sporting our medals:

Elan and Stephen were there to cheer me on at mile number 7 going into Churchill Downs and then again at the finish line.Finishing strong at 2 hours and 30 something minutes! I did it, and I'm so dang proud of myself.

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! Very, very cool that you did it! I am way jealous. Glad you got pictures of it, too. Looks like it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO!!! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo Amanda! I think it's so great that you're doing this! BTW, just scrolled down and saw the Easter family pics! LOL! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Congrats to you and your family. The medals look great. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!! So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, girl! That's awesome, Amanda - good for you! Best of luck in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!