Sunday, March 4, 2012

Send a Card & Feel Better...

I woke up this morning to snow flurries. Only in Louisville, KY can you have 70 degrees with tornadoes one day, and snow the next. We all escaped the tornado path here, but our friends up the road in Indiana weren't so lucky. My family has been devoting lots of prayers to the victims who lost homes, family, friends, animals and special belongings.

I recently visited my local Archiver's and saw the new Dear Lizzy line, Neapolitan. *LOVE.* Everything about it reminds me of spring and summer! I especially loved the 12x12 paper "twinkling lights" that is filled with empty jars. Those empties leave a lot of room for creativity! Here's a quick card I made:
Sentiment stamp, raspberry felt and twine: Papertrey Ink; strawberry card base: Paper-Source;
Background paper: K&Co., Sweet Nectar.

I think the watercolor effect on the jars is super cute! Looks like I added that... but didn't! Anyway, I think I will make a few more of these. They were easy, fun and sadly, we have several sick people in our lives right now. I think getting a card like this would brighten their day, don't you?

I encourage you to make/buy a card for someone that needs a boost. This person doesn't need to be sick, but choose someone that needs encouragement or a lift of happiness. Let someone know you care. Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. This card would definitely brighten anyone's day! It's so pretty. Love how you added the twine and the heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what the doctor ordered ! What a pretty card - Im going to try my own version when I get home !
    I really like your blog & Ive just started blogging myself, I'd be honoured if you would pop by & take a look !

    http://craftlee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!