Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you all... we had a fantastic day that started way too early. The kids were up before seven and in bed way too late the night before. Another day full of celebrating, present opening and... eating. We said our farewell to Lucas Snowflake last night. We knew he would be flying back to the North Pole with Santa (and secretly, I was thrilled to see him go. I was running out of spots to hide the little elf and several times I would forget to hide him, but suddenly remember while laying in bed at midnight).
 Lucas liked to watch me get crafty in my studio!

A cookie box for neighbors and friends

Cookie baking is one of my favorite holiday traditions. Every year, I bake loads of different types of cookies and candies. This year, I found some cookie boxes by Martha Stewart and decked them out with snowflake parchment, a satin ribbon and a cute snowflake label. Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished box, I couldn't get a good one. :(
Anyway, the treats in the box were: oatmeal raisin spice, white chocolate chex mix, molasses spice, toffee and chocolate chip. I also make tagalongs, chocolate covered pretzel sticks with sprinkles, and sugar cookies. It's like sugar overload the last week before Christmas- my kitchen is full of sweet smells and little, chocolate handed helpers! We have to hide the cookies from Stephen... he ate almost 2 dozen of molasses cookies in 2 days and claimed he ate them because they were "healthy."
I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!