Friday, September 3, 2010

Vintage Birthday?

Yes, vintage... I made a vintage birthday card for Stephen's grandmother, Mamaw. Her birthday is coming up in a few weeks. The vintage style is appealing to me, but very hard for me to create. I prefer the fun colors and whimsy style. Although, I did have fun making this card and inking it up to make it look "old."
I used the Get Sketchy card sketch for the week which is this:
And the end result: Sorry the picture is so bad. It was dark in my studio when I took the pic and using my Adobe tools just made it look worse! You get the jist! Have a great day... we are expecting a cold front! Yipee!
*Uploaded a new pic on 9/8 from Jean, a fab Blogger friend! Thanks, Jean!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to make the circles a tiny banner!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card!!! You've definitly added some great whimsey to your vintage style card :)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!