Sunday, September 18, 2011

Recycle It!

Hello there... a quick card share today! I got this mailer a couple weeks ago that opened up to a poster size advertisement. It was a circus theme and I loved the images that were used in the ad. So, I cut out the squares and decided to use them for birthday cards.
I mounted the part I cut out on a piece of ivory and then put it on a card base. I added the stars, jewels, button and red scalloped border. The banner at the top had a paper brand name on it, so I covered it with paper that I used SRM stickers on. Added a little foam tape and was done!
I'm playing along this week with Paper Issues... their theme is "Tree Hugger!" Upcycle, recycle, interpret any way you like!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I save every Christmas card and never seem to know what to do with them...good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever way to recycle--love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic find! Great upcycled project!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!