Friday, April 23, 2010

Owl Appreciation

Good morning... it's my day to post over at 2 Cute with a project, and this is what I made:

Next week is Teacher Appreciation week and I made this card so Mac could write his own message inside for his teacher. It will accompany a gift card as a token of thanks.
The card is 5.5 inches square and the label die cut is from tracing the packaging of some Jenni Bowlin buttons on patterned paper and cutting out. The owl typically has a flower, but I tend to cut it off, sometimes on purpose and sometimes it happens by accident! I colored in the owl using Copics and threaded a couple different pieces of twine through my chipboard button. The alphabet paper is a small strip of Sassafrass and I finished it off with a "thank you" stamp from Hero Arts.
It's raining here, and Stephen has gone off fishing for the weekend. A house full of bored kids today doesn't sound fun... we might have to pull out the big guns: PAINT.

2 comments:

  1. This is so totally cute. I love how creative and inspiration you are. On rainy days sometimes a good game of Twister keeps the peace.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is just too, too cute!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!