Wednesday, May 26, 2010

42 years young

Today, it's Stephen's 42nd birthday. First of all, I can't believe he's 42. We met right before his 31st birthday and I was 23. I saw him on the softball field, knew I wanted to go on a date with him, introduced myself and asked him out. It was the start of a beautiful relationship...

Summer, 2009, hanging out on the deck after dinner- I was playing with my new camera! Isn't he handsome?!

Married now for 8 years, Stephen sometimes asks himself what his "purpose" is, here on Earth. Is he doing what God sent him here to do? Was he supposed to be something else, somewhere else? Is he doing the best he can? I am almost certain that God put him on this Earth for me. I can't imagine my life without him. He grounds me, calms me, understands, is forgiving and funny. He loves me. ME.
July, 2009, my 15 year high school reunion

And our children... he puts them on a pedestal. He loves them, plays with them and guides them. He is a wonderful father. I am so lucky, so blessed...
Summer, 2009, Harbour Town, Hilton Head, SC

Happy Birthday, Darling. I love you and can't wait to celebrate 42 more birthdays with you! You bring me so much happiness!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet post! Tell Stephen happy belated birthday from us. My hubby turns 44 next month - I can't believe it! We have the same birthday, but I'm seven years younger. Although, I'm still going to say "mid-30s." Not ready to say "late-30s." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday STephen!!!!! You guys sure made beautiful children together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! You are such a wonderful wife and mother and it sounds like he is as lucky as you.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!