Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Felt is F-U-N!

I love to tell people I can't sew... because my mother is a wonderful seamstress that can make anything from a formal gown, to a coat, to gorgeous window treatments. Whenever I turn on the sewing machine it breaks, or clogs, or tangles, or whatever- it just doesn't work for me. So, I stitch. And felt is the perfect fabric for me to stitch on because all you do is cut and it doesn't ravel, which means no hemming, or sewing pieces together.

I started making these cute felt owls a while back, mainly for scrapbook embellishments, but I took it one step further and stitched one on a t-shirt for Anna. It turned out so cute, I made one for all my nieces in different colors. Here is Anna's:


And then I got the itch to stitch some brooches. So, I put these together:
Full of felt, fabric, tulle, and buttons, they are super cute on denim jackets and beanie style hats. They will be for sale at Temptations and the packaging is as cute as the pin itself- a great gift!
Until next time, may you be as happy as Wrigley with a jar of peanut butter.

5 comments:

  1. These felt items are SOOOOO cute!!!! Anna's Owl shirt is so girly yet funky at the same time. I love your blog.

    Nancy Wenz

    ReplyDelete
  2. anna may be the cutest thing i have ever seen. how unfairly adorable is she?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and of course I love your work- duh- i was too hung up on how cute A was to even mention it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can Anna get any more precious??? That is the cutest picture of her. And ohmigosh - those brooches are adorable. I'll be surprised if you bring even one home from Temptations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anna looks so cute, the owl and broaches too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of SPAM, I have had to turn on Word Verification.
Sorry for the trouble, but I do love your comments and feedback!
Thanks for taking the time to leave one!